Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!


I have the Greatest Husband in The WORLD!!!!
What a romantic! It was one of those evenings that every girl hates me for after hearing because they are green with jealosy. But I'll tell you all anyway! Chris got a hotel room for us for the evening with a kitchenette. He cooked an amazing dinner-- with just a single burner and a microwave and sink. He thought of everything from the spatula to the fancy goblets and table cloth. We had seared Mahi Mahi with teriaki and grilled pinapple slices. An amazing spinach salad with candied pecans, blue cheese, and poppyseed dressing, a rice pilaf, and bread with orange butter. For dessert- mint chocolate chip ice cream cake! And if making dinner wasn't enough, he serenaded me to a few of my favorite love songs. He brought his guitar. Wow, what a singer. He doesn't share his talent very often. I need to ask for that more. Then it was to the hotel's outdoor hut tub. We checked out of the hotel that night to relieve the babysitter. I'll remember this Valentine's Day Forever!!

2 comments:

  1. YOu are so right Mikkel!! What a fabulous night!! YOu are a very lucky woman indeed!! Your blog looks great!! So glad you've crossed over!! :) We'll get to keep in touch more now... Congrats on your pregnancy. Amanda said you were going and staying with her for a week or so. Have you already gone? If so, did you have fun? (I'm sure you did). I'll keep checking back and the next time I"m up in Salt Lake I most def. need to call you, can you email your info? WUV YOU TO PIECES!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have joined the blogging world! I love to see your pictures and you are a lucky gal. I am so happy to see you so happy. I was solo on valentines so yes I am green with envy! Have a great day.
    Love ya,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete